April

I can’t believe this is my last blog post of the program. Time has flown by, and this semester seemed like it was over in the blink of an eye. As we have now been in quarantine for over a month, and will be until at least May 16th, life looks a lot different. I have looked forward to Zoom classes this past month with professors and fellow classmates, and am grateful for the smooth transition to online classes. Outside of class, having Zoom/Facetime sessions with friends and family is helpful in these times of isolation.
As far as volunteering goes, I was excited to hear back from the Phone a Senior program with Hands On New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. This program delivers free meals to seniors in the New Orleans area twice a week, and as volunteers it is our job to call clients and make sure they received their meals. Furthermore, since we are assigned the same couple of clients, we get to build rapport with them and learn more about their situations and if they need any other help. I look forward to calling my people every Tuesday and Friday to make sure they are doing well, and am grateful to have the opportunity to help!
 With the end of the program approaching quickly, I am realizing how much I learned in these last 8 months; about Pharmacology, living in a new city, and about myself. Although I miss being at the school, online classes have more than exceeded my expectations as a student. I'm a little sad that the program is over, but am so grateful for everything I've learned. As far as my plans go, I have decided to stay in New Orleans into the summer, and seek out remote employment for the near future while I apply to medical school.
April Volunteer Hours: 0
Spring Volunteer Hours: 19
Total Volunteer Hours: 42

Missing everyone!



Zooming with Sharelle and Emma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March

February